What Is Checked During a Home Inspection?
Buying a new house is a very exciting event in everyone’s life. Perhaps you have been looking forward to buying your own home for quite some time now, which makes it even more spectacular. However, buying a new home can become a nightmare if not done right. If you are clueless about what to pay attention to, you might find yourself in a home that is completely different than what you expected. Or worse, you have to fix so many things that you run out of cash fast.
Such things can easily be avoided with the right kind of preparation. Whether you are new to the game or a more experienced buyer, it is always wise to perform a home inspection before signing the contract. Most home buyers have no idea about the construction of a home or the components it consists of. A home inspector can create a home inspection report based on a certain checklist; however, what is being checked can vary from one state to another. The home inspection checklist also depends on the inspector itself and the association he belongs to.
Nonetheless, there are things that most inspectors will always check. Whether you are buying a home or selling one, below, you will find a basic overview of a home inspection checklist to prepare yourself accordingly.
- In most states, the first thing that is being checked is the structural elements of a house. This includes the ceilings, construction of the walls, the roof, and also the foundation.
- Next, the exterior is evaluated. Home inspectors frequently analyze the state of wall coverings, drainage systems, fences, sidewalks, and other important elements right outside of the home.
- The home inspection also includes identifying plumbing issues, such as pipe materials, faucets, toilets, vent pipes, and more. Do note that the sewer is not always inspected.
- Water heaters, furnaces, chimneys, and air conditioning are checked as a part of systems and components inspection.
- Next, the electrical system in the house is checked, including the types of wires, grounding, main panel, and more.
- Appliances such as dishwashers, ovens, garbage disposal, and more are checked during a home inspection.
- Lastly, the garage is checked, including the walls, ceiling, doors, lights, and more.
Be aware that home inspections do not cover everything. Therefore, it might be wise to hire our contractor if you want to be completely sure about everything. Lastly, as a buyer, you need to be aware of a home inspection report that gives you information about the exact state every component of the house is in. It should, however, tell you if any problems need to be fixed. Always do your due diligence.
You don’t always have to hire a home inspector for every house you wish to buy. If you are currently deciding to purchase a place that you think will be perfect for you, having a professional home inspector will be a great choice. However, suppose you are currently looking at different houses but don’t know how to evaluate their quality. In that case, you can always use our custom checklist, which is very accurate in assessing quality homes.
Here’s a home inspection Boise checklist to help you conveniently evaluate your dream home.
Now, for the question you’re all thinking about: How much does a home inspection cost?
Need a Home Inspection Walkthrough? Contact Us At (208) 471-4591 Or Schedule With Us Online By Clicking Schedule Now!
Bent Nail Inspections is a home inspection company in Boise, Idaho. They have been providing Buyer’s Home Inspection, Seller’s Home Inspection, New Construction Home Inspection, 11 Month Builder Warranty, and Radon Testing to home buyers and home sellers in the following areas of Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, and Caldwell since 2008.
Your Premier Boise Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Bent Nail Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Boise area, we can help!
Owned and operated by home inspector and mold inspection specialist, Davin Strand. Davin prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.
Call (208) 471-3491 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website
We Want To Help Give You Confidence In Moving Forward On Your Home Buying Decisions!